Monday, August 27, 2012

Our visit with Andy Graham of Hobo Travel

The first time I came to Guatemala was in January of 2009.  Before I came I started using google to learn all I could about Guatemala.  One of the more interesting web sights I found belongs to Andy Graham of www.hobotraveler.com.  Andy has been around the world many times, and he continues to return to Guatemala because of the climate and the ease of living here.  Over the last several years, I would keep up with Andy and where he was in our big world.
 
Several Saturdays ago I was leaving the local Panajachel grocery store I  spotted Andy across the street.  Now, I felt like I knew Andy,  because I have read all about his daily life on his blog for the last few years.  He posts his photo so I knew what he looked like.   I politely said "Andy" and he turned around to talk to me.  After introductions, I invited him to our house the next time he was in town.  He is currently living in San Pedro, another village on our lake.
 
Andy called this week and wanted to know if he could interview us for his travel web sight.  We said sure, come on over.  So the video I am posting here is his video of  our interview and the compound where we live.

If you are curious about world travel, the affordable way, check out Andy's web sight.  Remember, he is a single guy, so his view of the good life, could be a little different from your own.  Just view it with an open mind and with the desire to learn to travel the affordable way.  He is an expert in that field.

Click Here to see our video http://www.mylagoatitlan.com/interviews-lago-atitlan-guatemala/video-interview-with-steve-and-susan-mabry-living-on-lago-atitlan.php

No comments:

Post a Comment